Monday, March 18, 2013

Departing Ancient Oaks

Monday, March 18, 2013

We have been in Ancient Oaks RV Resort in Okeechobee, Florida exactly 5 months and it's time to leave the friendly confines. The friendships we made there will last a life time, and at our age that may not be too long!  We really enjoyed our time there.  Our friends were so glad to see us leave, they threw a party to celebrate our departure! Ha!

Bob, our neighbor, had a nice farewell speech for us.  I can't remember what he said, but it had something to do with not letting the gate hit us in the ass on our way out!  You have to know Bob to appreciate that!

Here's some shots of some of the wonderful people that came to the pot luck.

Kitty and I want to extend a special thanks to our hosts and neighbors, Barb and Bob

And a great big thanks to all who attended the "last supper"!









I have to explain the above picture of me wearing a custom made hard hat.  The five months we were in Ancient Oaks I bonged my head on the fifth wheel king pin at least three times. (That explains my brain damage!).  I had just bonged my head a few hours before the pot luck.  While bleeding profusely, my yells to Kitty for help went unheard.  But, thankfully, Eagle Eye Ted heard my calls from across the street and came to my aid.

Ted was calm and knew exactly what to do.  He was in complete control of this situation  He calmly sent Kitty inside for towels and ice to stop the bleeding.  In the mean time, he applied a tourniquet around my throat cutting off the blood flow to my head!  That was some quick thinking on his part! Probably saved my life! Ha!

After I woke up from lack of blood to my brain. the bleeding had stopped and Eagle Eye had everything under control.  I am so grateful for his help, I may call him doctor Ted from now on.  Well...maybe not.  I like Eagle Eye better.

Any way, Kitty and I will miss everyone at Ancient Oaks and we really look forward to returning there in November.

1 comment:

  1. I as sorry that I was not around to enjoy your going away party. Safe travels and enjoyable adventures.

    ReplyDelete