Thursday, January 10, 2013

Gator alert! There's a Gator in Our Park!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

It was time to check to see if any mail had been delivered, so Pat offered to take Kitty in their golf cart up to the park office to check our mail box.  While they were there, these two adventurous explorers decided to see if there was any truth to the rumor that a gator was sunning himself on the small island in the lake by the club house.  These gals risked life and limb driving by the island to find that gator!

Sure enough, the gator was there enjoying the south Florida sunshine.  The girls scurried back to get me and the camera.  With three of us in the front seat of their golf cart, Pat puts the pedal to the metal and just misses my car.  Throwing the golf cart in reverse, she just missed my truck.  Then she yells "hold on", and lays a 10 foot streak of rubber on the road while popping a wheelie.  We could hear the neighbors chocking on the blue tire smoke. Good golly, I didn't know those carts could do wheelies like that! Ha!  

Holding on for dear life, we raced back to the island and spotted the gator about 75 yards from the road.  He was in the same spot, but it was too far away to get a close up shot and I wasn't able to talk Kitty into wading into the lake for a closer picture.  If you were hoping for an up close and personal picture of a gator...well... all I can say,  it's not my fault.  I tried like heck to get Kitty to get into the water for a better shot.  But, like a deer in the headlights, she wouldn't budge!

So, Here's the best shot we could get under the circumstances.

They couldn't pay me enough money to mow that island! 

No comments:

Post a Comment