Saturday, June 22, 2013

Simmons Family Reunion in West Chicago, Il.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

We haven't had a Simmons Family Reunion for about two decades!  Since then, we have lost a nephew, Devon, and our mother.  Our father had passed away prior to the last reunion.  So, my sister, Robin, and her husband, Paul, agreed to host the family reunion at their home in West Chicago, Illinois.

Robin and Paul have a large wooded lot complete with a pond, the DuPage River, and several out buildings.  This property originally had a couple of summer cottages on it many long years ago and they still remain today.  It is an ideal place for the family to gather, and the children enjoyed catching frogs and a small snake.

Some of the family members arrived later due to other commitments, and a few could not make it at all.  But, all of us that attended had a great time.

Let me introduce you to my family.  My brother Reid is the oldest of the four Simmons children. His wife is Margo, their son is Kevin.  Their daughter is Janie and her husband is Steve.  Their children are Jack, Emma, and Quinn.

I am the next oldest.  Kitty and I have five children. Our daughter Kristi and her husband, Scott, and their son Sean.  Our daughter Jennifer and her husband Neil  have two son's; Logan and Grayson. Our daughter Karri and her sons Kristian, Brandon, and Alex.  Our son Brad and his wife Dawn.  Their daughter is Brooke, next is Bradly, then Jacob.  Our youngest is Kobie.

My sister Jane is 5 years my junior.  Her husband is Gary, their son Devon (deceased) and Brandon.  Brandon is married to Julie and is expecting a boy in July.

My youngest sister is Robin, and her husband is Paul (the reunion hosts).  Their children include Paulie, Jessie, married to Derek,  and Joe.  Brian is married to Val, and their sons Caden and Mason. Robin's youngest is Scott.

Here's some of the photos taken at the reunion.  Unfortunately, not everyone had their picture taken for various reasons and there was no group picture taken this time.

My brother Reid on the left and his son-in-law Steve.


 L to R: My nephew Scott, brother Reid,  sister Robin, and brother-in-law Paul
Picture taken by Reid's camera.

 Kevin and his mom Margo, my nephew and sister-in-law.

 My sister Jane on left and my wife Kitty on the right.
Taken by Reid
 My son Brad and his wife Dawn.

This is Brad and Dawn's son Bradly and Jacob.


 Brandon is my sister Jane's son.

Steve and his wife Janie (my niece)

 The next three pictures and Steve and Janie's children; Jack, Emma, and Quinn.




This is a group picture taken at the last reunion in 1993.
Back row standing L to R: Reid, Margo,Jennifer, Jane, Brad, Robin, Ruby (our mom), Jane, Janie, Gary.
Seated L to R: Chuck, Scott, Craig, Brian, Devon, and Kevin.
Front row L to R: Kobie and Brandon

Sorry I didn't get everyone's picture.  We'll make sure we get everyone's picture at the next reunion.  Thanks to Robin and Paul for hosting a wonderful family reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment