Saturday, September 7, 2013

Longaberger Baskets in Frazeyburg, Ohio

Saturday, September 7, 2013

We are staying in Wolfies Campground, in Zanesville, Ohio, and it's a short drive to Frazeyburg, where the famous Longaberger baskets are made.  This was high on Kitty's list of things to see in this area; so, I let her drag me there!

We drove a winding river road most of the way to the Longaberger Homestead, and I found it to be an interesting place.  I am not into baskets; but, as you can see from this picture, Kitty is into this basket!

Since we live in our RV, space is limited.  So I knew Kitty wasn't going to break the bank buying baskets.  However, we did see numerous women carrying armloads of baskets out of this place; and Kitty did mention something about throwing some of my stuff away to make room for some baskets.  But, I knew she was just kidding...I think...Wasn't she?


This place does have something for guys that aren't into baskets.  These old tractors were everywhere.  Here I am standing by a 1940 John Deere.

This is a shot down the main walkway to the barn where baskets are made.



Baskets were everywhere; some big, some small, baskets of all sizes, and baskets for all occasions and all seasons.  There were baskets for Christmas, Halloween, baskets for the kitchen, baskets for the wall, baskets for the table, and baskets for work or play.  I saw baskets for everything except a basket for a casket.  Hey!  I just thought of a new market for Longaberger, a basket casket!  I am certain they will have a casket basket after they read this blog!  Sheesh!  If I stay here any longer I am going to be a basket case!

No comments:

Post a Comment