Saturday, May 4, 2013

Madisonville, Kentucky & A Family Gathering

Saturday, May 4, 2013

We are in Madisonville, Kentucky to visit with our kids, grand kids  and friends.  We used to live here many years ago and still have friends and family in the area, and this is where I first met Kitty.

I met Kitty when we both worked at York International.  Kitty worked in the accounting department and I worked in the purchasing department.  One day I noticed her standing at the copy machine making some photo copies.  So, I looked around on my desk for something to copy and walked over to the copy machine.  While I was waiting for her to finish making her copies, we struck up a conversation.  I was really impressed the way she handled that copy machine.  It never jammed and all her copies were in perfect order.  Not only that, she was very attractive and a great conversationalist. Wow! What a gal!

The next thing I know, she's calling me on the phone late one Friday afternoon to invite me out!  I am sure our mutual friend, Debbie, had a hand in Kitty making that call.  Being a man with reasonable intelligence and a strong appreciation of accounting women that excel at making copies, I accepted her invitation, and the rest is history.

Sorry, I digressed.  Our first visit, while we are back in this area, is to to see our daughter Karri, her three boys, and our son Kobie.   They live about 30 miles south of Madisonville.  In addition, our daughter from St Peter, Illinois, Kristi, and her son Sean, drove down for a weekend get together at Karri's.

Before we introduce you to the kids and grand kids, let's meet the dogs first.  Karri and two dogs, Cheree and Thor.  Cheree is a white miniature poodle, Thor is a black toy poodle, and our dog, Kallie, is a red standard poodle.  These three dogs remind me of a news paper...it's black and white and red all over!

This is Cheree


Here is the mighty Thor.


Miss Kallie Marie

After a hard day of playing with Cheree and Thor, Kallie decided to take a nap in Thor's bed.  There just wasn't quite enough room to get that last leg in that tiny bed.  You'll notice just to the right is Cheree's bed.  It would fit Kallie much better, but she choose Thor's bed for some reason.


Now for the family.
Front row L to R: Kristi, Kitty, Karri, and me
 Back row L to R: Sean, Alex, Kobie, and Brandon

Kristi and Sean drove down from Illinois.
 L to R: Kristi, Sean (the tall one) and Kobie


L to R: Brandon, Karri, Kristian, Alex, Kitty, me, and Kobie

Brandon will be graduating from high school and Alex will be graduating from 8th grade later this month.
We've only just started with our visits.  Since we are full time travelers, we miss most of the birthdays; but hope to get some quality visits with each of the kids and grand kids as we make our annual visit to see everyone.  There's lots more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment